WASHINGTON, Nov. 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- "Tonight the U.S. House of Representatives showed they have heard the voice of America's families by passing the Affordable Health Care for America Act. Now the Senate must deliver, without delay, on the promise of meaningful health care reform," said Dr. Jane L. Delgado, President and CEO of the National Alliance for Hispanic Health, the nation's leading Hispanic health advocacy group.
According to Dr. Delgado, one in three Hispanics (34%) are uninsured and the economic crisis is increasing the number of families that must go without insurance.
"America's families facing strained household budgets cannot wait another year for the peace of mind brought by access to quality health care," commented Dr. Delgado after tonight's action in the U.S. House of Representatives on health care reform.
"It was forty-four years ago that the first recipients enrolled in Medicare. Now is the time to get the rest of the job done on healthcare access and quality for America's families. The entire Alliance network is committed to working with Congress and the President to enact meaningful health reform in 2009," concluded Dr. Delgado.
Editors Note: The Alliance's Statement of Principles on Access to Affordable Quality Health Care is available at http://www.hispanichealth.org/principles/
About the National Alliance for Hispanic Health: The Alliance is the nation's foremost science-based source of information and trusted advocate for the health of Hispanics in the United States. The Alliance represents thousands of Hispanic health providers across the nation providing services to more than 15 million each year, making a daily difference in the lives of Hispanic communities and families. For more information, visit http://www.hispanichealth.org/ or call the Alliance's Su Familia National Hispanic Family Health Helpline at 1-866-783-2645. National Alliance for Hispanic Health
Web Site: http://www.hispanichealth.org/
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise