To complement our pending gift guide in the November/December issue of HispanicBusiness Magazine, we'll also be running online reviews of gifts we couldn't fit into the issue. Today, we turn our attention to a winemaker from California's lush Santa Ynez Valley.
Kaena Wine Company out of Los Olivos, California, was recently referred to as a "rising star" by Wine Spectator's James Laube. This year, Kaena's owner/winemaker Mikael Sigouin is particularly excited about his "2008 Hapa Blanc," and shared some of the reasons why.
"I bottled the 2008 Hapa Blanc this year later than the previous vintage because I wanted to bring more texture to the wine with longer barrel aging," he said. "The end result is a wine with serious aromatics giving way to a lush mouth feel all balanced by Grenache Blanc's signature acidity."
Kaena offers wines for every palate, though; a full list of what's available can be found here. Further, in the spirit of the holiday season, Sigouin is offering a 20% discount through the month of November.
Kaena, the Hawaiian name of the island-born Sigouin, translates to "potential for greatness." With each passing season, we've enjoyed the winery's offerings more and more.
Kaena Wine Company
P.O. Box 420
Los Olivos, CA 93441
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid