SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico, Nov. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Telemundo Communications Group, a leading producer of high-quality content for Hispanics in the U.S. and audiences around the world, Billboard, the world's most trusted music brand, and The Puerto Rico Tourism Company announced today that they reached an agreement to hold the 2010 Billboard Latin Music Awards Presented by State Farm in San Juan at the Coliseo de Puerto Rico Jose Miguel Agrelot, on April 29th, 2010. Billboard also announced it will move its Billboard Latin Music Conference to Puerto Rico to coincide with the live show.
Following are some of the comments from Latin music artists, who offered their reaction in regards to the 2010 Billboard Latin Music Awards Presented by State Farm live from Puerto Rico.
"My island has always been witness to important musical events and for it to be the location for the 2010 Billboard Latin Music Awards brings great pride to our culture." - Ricky Martin
"I think it's an inspiring decision that the Billboard Latin Music Awards is celebrated in the island. I plan to be there. Puerto Rico - I love you!" - Paulina Rubio
"I celebrate with great joy the fact that Puerto Rico will be the location for the Billboard Latin Music Awards; all the music in the region, in the island of music. Go Puerto Rico!" - Juanes
"Music and my beautiful Puerto Rico will be the great protagonists of the Billboard Latin Music Awards. I am proud that once again we'll make history before the world" - Luis Fonsi
"It's great that the awards will take place in Puerto Rico! Puerto Rico is a marvelous land, full of hospitality, happiness, and great music. It's the Pearl of the Caribbean; it's always great to visit there and they always welcome us in an incredible manner! Congratulations." - Alejandro Fernandez
"In my career, Puerto Rico and Billboard have been two very important pillars; now for the first time they join in the production of such prestigious awards for Latin music. The best wishes for April of this year" - Myriam Hernandez
I feel very proud that my island has been selected for the production of the Billboard Latin Music Awards. We'll try to be the best hosts so that artists, as well as the industry and the media alike feel right at home in Puerto Rico. We want to present a show like no other, in tune with the music we represent." - Chayanne
"What great news, the Billboard Latin music awards on the island. Puerto Rico is a very special land for me, I'm sure that they will be historic; long live Puerto Rico." - Enrique Iglesias Telemundo
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]