It's been a scandalous week for Walt Disney Company's ESPN.
A couple days after ESPN baseball analyst Steve Phillips was fired for having an affair with a production assistant who went public, broadcaster Bob Griese today was suspended for one week after making a racially insensitive comment about Juan Pablo Montoya, a NASCAR driver from Colombia, according to the Associated Press .
The gaffe occurred Saturday, when Griese was commentating for a college football game, and a graphic showing NASCAR's five leaders in the points race appeared on screen. When another analyst asked why Montoya wasn't on the list, Griese replied that he must be "out having a taco."
Griese has since apologized twice on air.
Meanwhile, Montoya doesn't seem to be taking the comment too seriously. He declined to comment, but did say he'd never even heard of Griese.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data