It's been a scandalous week for Walt Disney Company's ESPN.
A couple days after ESPN baseball analyst Steve Phillips was fired for having an affair with a production assistant who went public, broadcaster Bob Griese today was suspended for one week after making a racially insensitive comment about Juan Pablo Montoya, a NASCAR driver from Colombia, according to the Associated Press .
The gaffe occurred Saturday, when Griese was commentating for a college football game, and a graphic showing NASCAR's five leaders in the points race appeared on screen. When another analyst asked why Montoya wasn't on the list, Griese replied that he must be "out having a taco."
Griese has since apologized twice on air.
Meanwhile, Montoya doesn't seem to be taking the comment too seriously. He declined to comment, but did say he'd never even heard of Griese.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Deported Honduran Families Face a Bleak Future
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right