The intro line to ECW champion Matt Hardy's theme music says it all.
World Wrestling Entertainment's popular ECW show will now be rebroadcast on mun2, beginning Jan. 9 at 10 p.m.
That means sports entertainment fans will get a second cable dose of ECW, which currently one of the highest-rated shows on cable's Sci-Fi network.
"We're excited to expand our partnership with WWE with this new property," said Alex Pels, General Manager for mun2. "The popularity of WWE among young Latinos has prompted us to continue providing action-packed, WWE entertainment for our audience, all while building strategic partnerships for the network."
Launched in 2001, mun2 is a bilingual and bicultural cable network in more than 26 million U.S. homes. Geared toward a youthful, trendy audience, the network is part of Telemundo Cable Networks and is a division of NBC Universal.
With the likes of Hispanic superstars such as Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero and Lillian Garcia, the WWE has consistently remained popular among Hispanic audiences.
From Shawn Michaels and Edge to John Cena and Matt Hardy's wildly popular brother, WWE Champion Jeff Hardy, WWE shows are among the most watched on cable and have been flagship programs for the USA Network, the Sci-Fi Network and most recently, MyNetwork TV.
The ECW program focus largely on rising stars, including Morrison, a former winner of MTV's "Tough Enough" reality-show, which inspired the UFC's similar show, "The Ultimate Fighter."
It's also where former "Real World" and reality star Mike Mizanin, who goes by the name of "The Miz" performs.
Most Popular Stories
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina
- California Considers Oil Tax to Fund Schools
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Yahoo Indeed Buying Tumblr
- Dude! California Beach Parking Plan Making Waves
- Record Yearly Profit for Ryanair