No.7: Florida Atlantic University College of Engineering & Computer Science
777 Glades Road, PO Box 3091
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Fax: (561) 297-2758
Total engineering school enrollment 163
Hispanic engineering school enrollment 31
Percent Hispanic graduate enrollment 19.0%
Total postgraduate degrees earned 49
Postgraduate degrees earned to Hispanics 7
Percent of postgraduate degrees earned to Hispanics 14.3%
Full-time Engineering school faculty 98
Full-time Engineering school Hispanic faculty 8
Percent Hispanic faculty in Engineering School 8.2%
The College of Engineering and Computer Science at Florida Atlantic University promotes diversity through a strong advocacy program, a mentor/protégé program, multicultural faculty and staff members, student professional societies (such as SHPE), targeted scholarships, research opportunities (such as Latin American Grid), co-ops, and bilingual tutors.
The College also conducts recruitment efforts that target culturally diverse and traditionally underrepresented populations. In addition, we are headquarters for LACCEI, the Latin American and Caribbean Consortium of Engineering Institutions, and we offer scholarships and in-state tuition rates to qualified graduate students from Latin America and the Caribbean.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- Do Voters Want Compromise?