No.5: Massachusetts Institute of Technology School of Engineering
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 3-103
Cambridge, MA 02139
Fax: (617) 258-8304
Total engineering school enrollment 1,393
Hispanic engineering school enrollment 63
Percent Hispanic graduate enrollment 4.5%
Total postgraduate degrees earned 601
Postgraduate degrees earned to Hispanics 37
Percent of postgraduate degrees earned to Hispanics 6.2%
Full-time Engineering school faculty 372
Full-time Engineering school Hispanic faculty 8
Percent Hispanic faculty in Engineering School 2.2%
The MIT School of Engineering believes in the future.
Everything is changing, and the people making these changes are engineers: we make things, and we make things better. Our collective challenges are steep, and they are global. Improved systems and tools for generating energy, protecting our fragile environment, and keeping our bodies healthy have the potential to improve the lived experience of people from all corners of the planet.
Narrow approaches make for small solutions. MIT''s strategy for addressing global challenges is to address them on their own terms. By welcoming the widest range of knowledge, experience, and expertise under a single intellectual roof, the faculty, researchers, and graduate students in our School of Engineering attack problems – and solve them – on the grandest scale.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Is North Korea's Kim Jong Ill?
- International Coffee Day Means Free Coffee at Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme, McDonalds
- Pending U.S. Home Sales Slid in August
- Jerry Brown Signs 'Yes Means Yes' Law
- Drunk Driver Rear Ends Jennifer Lopez, Leah Remini's Car
- George Clooney Says 'I Do' For a Second Time
- GoPro Launching Three New Cameras
- Macy's Boosts Holiday Hiring 3.6 Percent