No.5: Massachusetts Institute of Technology School of Engineering
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 3-103
Cambridge, MA 02139
Fax: (617) 258-8304
Total engineering school enrollment 1,393
Hispanic engineering school enrollment 63
Percent Hispanic graduate enrollment 4.5%
Total postgraduate degrees earned 601
Postgraduate degrees earned to Hispanics 37
Percent of postgraduate degrees earned to Hispanics 6.2%
Full-time Engineering school faculty 372
Full-time Engineering school Hispanic faculty 8
Percent Hispanic faculty in Engineering School 2.2%
The MIT School of Engineering believes in the future.
Everything is changing, and the people making these changes are engineers: we make things, and we make things better. Our collective challenges are steep, and they are global. Improved systems and tools for generating energy, protecting our fragile environment, and keeping our bodies healthy have the potential to improve the lived experience of people from all corners of the planet.
Narrow approaches make for small solutions. MIT''s strategy for addressing global challenges is to address them on their own terms. By welcoming the widest range of knowledge, experience, and expertise under a single intellectual roof, the faculty, researchers, and graduate students in our School of Engineering attack problems – and solve them – on the grandest scale.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?