No.10: University of Central Florida College of Engineering and Computer Science
4000 Central Florida Blvd. PO Box 162993
Orlando, FL 32816
Fax: (407) 823-6334
Total engineering school enrollment 298
Hispanic engineering school enrollment 37
Percent Hispanic graduate enrollment 12.4%
Total postgraduate degrees earned 168
Postgraduate degrees earned to Hispanics 25
Percent of postgraduate degrees earned to Hispanics 14.9%
Full-time Engineering school faculty 157
Full-time Engineering school Hispanic faculty 5
Percent Hispanic faculty in Engineering School 3.2%
The UCF College of Engineering and Computer Science Office of Diversity actively recruits and retains minority students by providing services from academic assistance to career planning, scholarships to peer mentoring. The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) also plays an active role in engaging students in professional engineering activities, conferences and competitions.
Located next to the 5th largest research park in the nation, students from all backgrounds have access to Orlando and Central Florida's high-tech industry leaders like Lockheed Martin, NASA- Kennedy Space Center, SAIC, Harris and Siemens. Supportive faculty, real-world application and powerhouse industry connections— as well as a diverse environment, culture and the perfect location—make UCF's College of Engineering and Computer Science the ideal place to study.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party