Diversity Elite 60, a Directory of The Nation's Best Companies That Model Diversity --> The September 2008 issue of Hispanic Business magazine will feature the Diversity Elite 60, an annual list determined by more than 30 variables that measure companies' commitments to Hispanic hiring, promotion, marketing, philanthropy and supplier diversity.
Top companies on this year's list went beyond workforce diversity initiatives and implemented strategies to reach more Hispanic consumers and increase their businesses with minority- and Hispanic-owned suppliers.
This year AT&T heads the 2008 Hispanic Business Diversity Elite. The San Antonio-based telecommunications giant once again showed its dedication to the diversity strategy. "Diversity is a part of our value system, part of our strategy and part of our corporate culture. It provides us with a real competitive edge," states Angiolina Wiskocil, senior vice-president of consumer information technology.
The top 10 companies this year include AT&T Inc.; Southern California Edison; Comerica Inc.; Wal-Mart Stores Inc.; PNM Resources; Washington Mutual Inc.; Hyatt Hotels Corporation; JPMorgan Chase; Sempra Energy and Bank of America.
The September Diversity issue also includes the 2008 Best Schools for Hispanics with top 10 lists in four categories: law, business, engineering and medicine. Extended and exclusive content on the Diversity Elite 60 and Top Schools will be available online beginning in September at www.hispanicbusiness.com/rankings.
About Hispanic Business Inc.
For almost thirty years Hispanic Business Inc. has been the source for the latest trends, research and reporting on the growth of the U.S. Hispanic consumer market and the Hispanic enterprise and professional sectors.
Hispanic Business Media properties provide innovative branding and targeted marketing solutions across multiple platforms:
-- Award-winning print editorial via Hispanic Business magazine, which provides readers in the United States and around the world with the most relevant and data-driven news on the U.S. Hispanic economy.
-- Fresh, real-time online content and interaction via HispanicBusiness.com.
-- Hispanic Business Events, which feature and draw the nation's most affluent and influential Hispanic leaders. Examples include the Hispanic Business magazine EOY Awards for entrepreneurial excellence; the CEO Capital Markets Roundtable; and the Woman of the Year (WOY) Awards.
-- Unique data reports on the U.S. Hispanic sector developed by HispanTelligence, the research arm of Hispanic Business Media.
-- Diversity recruiting and development services from HireDiversity.com.
Hispanic Business magazine, HispanicBusiness.com, Hispanic Business magazine EOY, HireDiversity.com and HispanTelligence are registered trademarks of Hispanic Business Inc. 2008 Hispanic Business Inc. All rights reserved.
Contact: Todd M. Kaufman, todd (at) email@example.com, 805.964.4554
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Daily Trivia Byte
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love