--> WASHINGTON, Sept. 22 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ --
What: State of Latinos Briefing With Response From Obama and McCain Surrogates
Who: Fundacion Azteca America, the non-profit arm of Grupo Salinas, and the University of Denver's Latino Center
When: Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 6 pm, Longworth Building 1309, Capitol Hill
-- Details: State of Latinos 2008: Defining an Agenda for the Future is a white paper written at the behest of Fundacion Azteca America, the non-profit arm of Grupo Salinas. The topics covered include: education, the economy, healthcare, immigration and the Latino vote.
The report is a detailed analysis of the current state of the Latino community, with specific policy recommendations for the incoming administration and Congress. Also present will be national leaders from prominent Latino community organizations. Introductory remarks by Chair of the Hispanic Caucus and Congressmember Joe Baca (CA), Congressmember Raul Grijalva (AZ) and Fundacion Azteca America and Azteca America Chairman Luis J. Echarte. Also attending will be Congressmember John Dingell (MI).
Senator McCain surrogates include:
-- California Senator Abel Maldonado
-- Marco Gonzales, former aide to Senator Pete Domenici and private practice attorney
-- Republican strategist Leslie Sanchez
Senator Obama surrogates include:
-- Former New Mexico Attorney General Patricia Madrid, Democratic Platform Committee Co-Chair and member of Senator Obama's Latino Advisory Committee
-- Congressmember Charlie Gonzalez (TX), member of Senator Obama's Latino Advisory Committee
-- Obama for America National Hispanic Leadership Council Chairman Frank Sanchez
The event is open to pre-registered media.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions