President-elect Barack Obama once again showed his oratory skills with a victory speech that was very well received by his crowd of supporters. In it, he was very gracious in his acceptance of Sen. John McCain's concession, and recapped his opponent's long service to the United States as he relayed a message of national solidarity. That message can be encapsulated in some words he spoke early on in the speech: "We have never been a just a collection of individuals or a collection of red states and blue states. We are and always will be the United States of America." The video of the 17-minute speech is embedded below.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign