The Hispanic Business 500 has served as a barometer of the U.S. Hispanic economy for more than 25 years. We believe that applying our criteria on a statewide level can yield interesting results for our readers. Here's a look at the Illinois-based companies on the list.
The Top 15 Illinois companies in the 2008 Hispanic Business 500 Ranking produced revenues of $623.75 million and employed 3,582 people in 2007.
Group O Inc. tops the list in Illinois, with 2007 revenues of $313.54 million. The company, formed in 1974, specializes in packaging, supply chain and marketing solutions. Twelve of the fifteen companies saw an increase in revenues from 2006-2007, led by Cartoncraft Inc., up 45.27% from $7.40 million to $10.75 million. These fifteen companies are for the most part well established, with only one, 7Search.com, having been formed after 1989.
Illinois Top 15
Overall Rank, Company Name, 2007 Revenue
20. Group O Inc., $313.54 million
60. Gusto Packing Co., $116.79 million
226. Steve's Equipment Service, $23.37 million
234. American Demolition Corp., $22.46 million
255. United Building Maintenance Inc., $20.16 million
262. 7Search.com, $19.33 million
274. A.L.L. Masonry Construction Co. Inc., $18.74 million
286. Cano Container Corp., $17.10 million
346. CCM, $12.85 million
380. CartonCraft Inc., $10.75 million
384. Ebco Inc., $10.60 million
389. Sanchez Daniels & Hoffman LLP, $10.21 million
397. Emergency 24 Inc., $9.78 million
415. Cristina Foods Inc., $9.21 million
423. Continental Business Group Inc., $8.87 million
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO