The Hispanic Business 500 has served as a barometer of the U.S. Hispanic economy for more than 25 years. We believe that applying our criteria on a statewide level can yield interesting results for our readers. Our first look at the list on a state-by-state basis is Florida.
The Top 20 Florida-based companies in the 2008 Hispanic Business 500 Ranking produced revenues of $10.26 billion and employed 19,380 people in 2007.
The list is headed by Brightstar Corp., with 2007 revenues of $3.66 billion. Brightstar, managed by CEO R. Marcelo Claure, has been the number one company on the HB500 for two years in a row. Founded in 1997, Brightstar now employs nearly 2,100 people. Navarro Discount Pharmacies, number eight in Florida and no. 18 overall, was the Florida company with largest growth in sales with a 20.52% increase in revenue from 2007, up from $268 million to $323 million.
Florida Top 20
Overall HB500 Rank, Company Name, 2007 Revenue
1. Brightstar Corp., $3.66 billion
4. The Related Group of Florida, $1.26 billion
5. MasTec, Inc., $1.04 billion
9. Greenway Ford, Inc., $520.13 million
11. Quirch Foods Co., $500.00 million
13. Sedano's Supermarkets and Pharmacies $442.00 million
14. Urbieta Oil, Inc., $423.00 million
18. Navarro Discount Pharmacies, $323.00 million
25. Blackstone Calling Card Inc., $269.04 million
28. First Equity Mortgage Bankers Inc., $224.53 million
29. Headquarter Toyota, $201.20 million
32. Liberty Power Corp., $193.41 million
33. BMI Financial Group, Inc., $193.00 million
36. Spanish Broadcasting System, $179.75 million
39. El Dorado Furniture Corp., $166.49 million
40. Superior Design International Inc., $160.00 million
52. Precision Trading Corp., $139.63 million
55. Northwestern Meat Inc., $133.42 million
57. Refricenter of Miami, Inc., $125.73 million
62. Central Concrete Supermix Inc., $115.24 million
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable