On Oct. 10, the Mexican American Opportunity Foundation (MAOF) presented Congresswoman Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA-34) with its Lifetime Achievement Aztec Award for her "exemplary achievement and leadership in advancing the cause of the Hispanic Community." Accepting the award, Rep. Roybal-Allard commented, "The advantages that have brought me here this evening were made possible by the hard fought battles and triumphs of pioneers like MAOF's founder, Dionicio Morales," who had just passed away.
Coca-Cola has named Hispanic Business magazine's2007 Woman of the Year, Maria Elena Lagomasino, as a director. Ms. Lagomasino, who is the CEO of GenSpring Family Offices, a wealth management firm, will serve on Coca-Cola's Committee on Directors and Corporate Governance and Compensation Committee
The National Forum for Latino Healthcare Executives (NFLHE) has announced five new members to its Board of Directors. The new board members are:
-- Dr. Carlos H. Corral, a cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon in El Paso, Texas;
-- Gene Fernandez, chief information officer of L.A. Care Health Plan;
-- Jorge Orozco, CEO of Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center in Downey, Calif.;
-- Dr. Pedro M. Reyes, an assistant professor at Hankamer School of Business and director of the Center of Excellence for Supply Chain Management at Baylor University; and
-- Dr. Robert Rodriguez, assistant dean at the Graduate School of Management at Kaplan University and chairman of the board of for The Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks