The Hispanic Business 500 has served as a barometer of the U.S. Hispanic economy for more than 25 years. We believe that applying our criteria on a statewide level can yield interesting results for our readers. Here's a look at the California-based companies on the list.
The Top 20 California companies in the 2008 Hispanic Business 500 Ranking produced revenues of $4.55 billion and employed 12,191 people in 2007.
Molina Healthcare Inc. heads the list, with 2007 revenues of $2.50 billion. Molina, managed by CEO J. Mario Molina, moved into the number two spot on the HB500 for the first time this year. Founded in 1980, Molina now employs over 2,400 people. Ametza LLC, number twelve in California and #98 overall, had the largest one-year growth in sales of the California companies, up 68.2% from 2006. Overall, fourteen of the twenty companies showed revenue growth from 2006-07.
California Top 20
Overall Rank, Company Name, 2007 Revenue
2. Molina Healthcare Inc., $2.50 billion
16. Ruiz Foods Inc. , $415.00 million
24. Gonzalez Automotive Group, Inc. $274.60 million
27. OneSource Distributors, Inc. $248.74 million
56. TELACU Industries, Inc., $130.00 million
70. Bay Cities Paving & Grading Inc. $100.34 million
71. Jules & Associates, Inc., $100.10 million
74. TriNet Communications Inc. $94.00 million
78. Lloyd A. Wise Cos., $89.90 million
81. Insync Marketing Solutions $84.00 million
89. Esparza Enterprises Inc., $68.55 million
98. Ametza LLC , $62.30 million
99. WSA Distributing Inc., $62.00 million
113. GSE Construction Co. Inc., $50.16 million
118. J&R Concrete Products Inc. $49.00 million
120. Paragon Management Co. LLC $48.56 million
121. Hurlen Corp. , $48.00 million
128. Alvarez Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar $41.50 million
129. Diverse Staffing Inc., $41.20 million
131. Reyes Construction Inc., $41.00 million
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys