Jorge Ortega, president of The Jeffrey Group, recently joined the board of directors for Boca Raton, Fla.-based vFinance, a global financial services company that specializes in growth opportunities, connecting investors with small- and micro-cap businesses needing capital.
Mr. Ortega has more than 20 years of marketing and strategic communications consulting experience with multinational companies across the Americas. As president of The Jeffrey Group, he oversees its development of programs for businesses and global brands that include American Express, British Airways, Diageo, FedEx, Kodak, Sony Ericsson and Western Union. The Jeffrey Group is a marketing, communications and public relations consulting firm for companies targeting Hispanic customers.
"We look forward to having on our board someone with Jorge's extensive experience in doing business with companies in Latin America and in the U.S. Hispanic market," Leonard Sokolow, chairman and CEO of vFinance, said in a release. "His contacts across the region, understanding of this dynamic market and expertise gained by building numerous brands and businesses makes him a valuable addition to our board."
Before joining The Jeffrey Group, Mr. Ortega was managing director of Burson-Marsteller, a leading public affairs and public relations firm.
He is also co-founder and chairman of the board of the International Kids Fund, a program that raises money for critically ill children who come to South Florida's University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center for medical treatments that are not accessible in their home countries.
"It will be a great privilege to work with VFIN's board and management to help them gain a deeper understanding the fast-growing U.S. Hispanic and Latin America markets and leverage opportunities in those markets for their clients," Mr. Ortega said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women