WASHINGTON, Oct. 18 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- "Congress cannot go home to its Thanksgiving break with a clear conscience before it has secured peace of mind for America's laboring families by passing an adequately funded SCHIP bill," said Dr. Jane L. Delgado, President and CEO of the National Alliance for Hispanic Health, the nation's leading Hispanic health advocacy group.
"Lack of action puts at risk the health of 10 million children, including three million Hispanic children that would have been covered by the package the President vetoed last month and the House failed to override today," continued Dr. Delgado.
"Before Washington takes its Thanksgiving break, Congress and the President must act on securing adequate funding for SCHIP and find agreement close to the $35 billion package that had previously been worked out by the House and Senate. It's the right thing to do for America's laboring families," concluded Dr. Delgado.
About the National Alliance for Hispanic Health
The National Alliance for Hispanic Health is the nation's foremost source of information and trusted advocate for the health of Hispanics in the United States. The Alliance represents thousands of Hispanic health providers across the nation providing services to more than 14 million each year, making a daily difference in the lives of Hispanic communities and families. For more information, visit http://www.hispanichealth.org/ or call the Alliance's Su Familia National Hispanic Family Health Helpline at 1-866-783-2645. National Alliance for Hispanic Health
Web Site: http://www.hispanichealth.org/
Most Popular Stories
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina
- California Considers Oil Tax to Fund Schools
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Yahoo Indeed Buying Tumblr
- Dude! California Beach Parking Plan Making Waves
- Record Yearly Profit for Ryanair