Brightstar Corp., the number 3 company on the Hispanic Business 500, has joined Axiom Telecom, Dangaard Telecom, and RadioShack Corp. to create a new distribution and retail alliance for the global wireless telephone industry. The new venture, called Braxda Telecom, "will be focused on accelerating wireless worldwide," says Brightstar CEO R. Marcelo Claure.
Together, the four founding members of Braxda buy more than 50 million handsets annually, serve 52 countries, and reach more than 70,000 points of sale globally. The four companies' cumulative revenues totaled to more than $10 billion in 2005.
Each company dominates wireless distribution in a specific region: Axiom in the Middle East, Brightstar in Latin America, Dangaard in Europe, and RadioShack in North America. Braxda's board will consist of Mr. Claure from Brightstar, CEO Faisal Al Bannai of Axiom, COO Michael Koehn Milland, and Vice-President Andy Berman of RadioShack.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays