Brightstar Corp., the number 3 company on the Hispanic Business 500, has joined Axiom Telecom, Dangaard Telecom, and RadioShack Corp. to create a new distribution and retail alliance for the global wireless telephone industry. The new venture, called Braxda Telecom, "will be focused on accelerating wireless worldwide," says Brightstar CEO R. Marcelo Claure.
Together, the four founding members of Braxda buy more than 50 million handsets annually, serve 52 countries, and reach more than 70,000 points of sale globally. The four companies' cumulative revenues totaled to more than $10 billion in 2005.
Each company dominates wireless distribution in a specific region: Axiom in the Middle East, Brightstar in Latin America, Dangaard in Europe, and RadioShack in North America. Braxda's board will consist of Mr. Claure from Brightstar, CEO Faisal Al Bannai of Axiom, COO Michael Koehn Milland, and Vice-President Andy Berman of RadioShack.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women