Influentials: A Look Back 20 Years --> Hispanic Business 100 Influentials: 1986
1. Robert Garcia – U.S. Representative (D-NY)
2. Henry L. Lacayo – President, Labor Council for Latin American Advancement
3. Eduardo Caballero – President, Caballero Spanish Media Inc.
4. Hector Barreto – President, U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (Kansas City, KS)
5. Rafael Carrion Jr. – Chairman of the Board, Banco Popular de Puerto Rico
6. Eduardo Bernaldez – National Chairman, American GI Forum
7. Vilma Martinez – Board of Regents, University of California
8. Matthew G. Martinez – U.S. Representative (D-CA)
9. Herman Badillo – Attorney, Fischbein Olivieri et al
10. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen – State Representative, 10th District, Florida
11. Tony Anaya – Governor, New Mexico
12. Raul Yzaguirre – President, National Council of La Raza
13. Margarita Rosa – General Counsel, NY State Division of Human Rights
14. Adelfa Callejo – Senior Partner, Callejo, Callejo & Ronquillo
15. Raul Martinez – Mayor, Hialeah, Florida
16. Albert G. Bustamante – U.S. Representative (D-TX)
17. Carmelo Velez – President, computer Technology Associates Inc.
18. Harold H. Martinez – President, Latin Business Foundation
19. Antonia Hernandez – President & General Counsel, MALDEF
20. Baltasar Corrada Del Rio – Mayor, New Progressive Party (Puerto Rico)
21. Joaquin F. Blaya – President, WLTV-23
22. Laz Barrera – President, Laz S. Barrera Inc.
23. Alexander Arroyos – President, The Dynamic Group
24. Pastora San Juan Cafferty – Professor, University of Chicago
25. Carlos Ramirez – President and Publisher, El Diario/La Prensa
26. Clara Padilla Jones – Secretary of State, New Mexico
27. Luis Rosally – President, Luis Electric Inc.
28. Gene Chavez – Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs, Kansas City College & Bible School
29. Fernando De Baca – National Chairman, Republican National Hispanic Assembly
30. Lydia Chavez – Reporter on National Hispanic Affairs, The New York Times
31. David C. Lizarraga – President & CEO, TELACU Industries
32. Luis Aranda – President, National Association of Hispanics
33. Jerry Apodaca – President, Arrison-Greer Inc.
34. Roy R. Barrera Jr. – State District Judge, 144th District, Bexar County, San Antonio
35. Mario Conchita Alonso Bustillo – Actress/Vocal Artist
36. Alfredo Gutierrez – Senate Minority Leader, Arizona State Senate
37. Luis Sabines – President, CAMACOL
38. Tomas Arciniega – President, California State College
39. Jaime Fuster – Puerto Rico's Resident Committee, House of Representatives
40. Grace Montanez Davis – Deputy Mayor, Los Angeles
41. Diego Suarez – President and CEO, V. Suarez & Co. Inc.
42. Xavier Suarez – Mayor, Miami
43. Pat Corrales – Manager, Cleveland Indians
44. Shirley Rodriguez-Remenski – Executive Director, State Government Office for Hispanic Affairs, New York
45. David Perez – Judge of Superior Court, Los Angeles County
46. Jose Saumat – President, Kaufman and Roberts Inc.
47. James H. Richardson Gonzales – Director, MBDA, US Department of Commerce
48. Richard Alatorre – City Councilman, Los Angeles
49. Carlos Cordova – Chairman and CEO, Capital National Bank
50. Nancy C. Gutierrez – Director of Management, Recruitment & Employment, Pacific Bell
51. Art Torres – State Senator, Los Angeles
52. Joseph A. Unanue – President & Chairman of the Board, Goya Foods Inc.
53. Frank Cruz – Vice President, KVEA Ch. 52
54. Ignacio Lozano Jr. – Publisher & Editor, La Opinion
55. Gustavo Godoy – News Director, SIN TV Network
56. Gilbert Vasquez – Managing Partner, Gilbert Vasquez & Company
57. Mari-Luci Jaramillo – V.P. of Student Affairs, University of New Mexico
58. Edgardo Vazquez – Senior Vice President, Banco Popular de Puerto Rico
59. Victor Miramontes – First Vice President, Laredo National Bancshares Inc.
60. Celia Gonzales Torres – Chair of Board, National Network of Hispanic Women
61. John Carro – Associate Justice , Appellate Division, Supreme Court of New York
62. Judith Zaffirini – Democratic Nomination of Texas Senate, 21st Senatorial District
63. H. Frank Dominguez – President, Vanir Group of Companies Inc.
64. Paul H. Alvarez – Chairman/CEO, Ketchum Public Relations
65. Jose Garcia-Pedrosa – Partner, Finley, Kumble, Wagner et al
66. Ruben Bonilla – Chairman, LULA Educational Service Center Inc.
67. Ambassador Phillip Sanchez – Associate Publisher, Noticias del Mundo
68. Luis Botifoll – Chairman of the Board, Republic National Bank of Miami
69. Jack Otero – International Vice-President, Railway & Airline Clerks, AFL-CIO
70. Carmen Perez – National Chair, Hispanic Caucus, Democratic Party
71. Sylvia Castillo – Executive Director, National Network of Hispanic Women
72. Sheilah Garcia – President, Garcia Toyota & Garcia Honda
73. Raul Masvidal – Chairman, Miami Savings Bank
74. Jane Delgado – Executive Director, Association of Hispanic Arts
75. Gaspir Mir III – Partner, Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co.
76. Manual R. Caldera – Private Investor, The Caldera Group
77. Tonio Burgos – Director of Executive Services, Governor's Office, Albany, NY
78. Frank Newton – Executive Director, National Association of Hispanic Journalists
79. Louis Nunez – President, National Puerto Rican Coalition Inc.
80. Pedro Aguirre – Immediate Past President – National Bankers Association
81. Julio Rumbaut – President, Channel 51, WSCV-TV, Fort Lauderdale, FL
82. Hector Holguin – President and CEO, Holguin Corporation
83. Rita Di Martino – District Manager, AT&T
84. Gabriel A. Gutierrez – Presiding Judge, Superior Court, Los Angeles
85. Bill Richardson – U.S. Representative (D-NM)
86. Luis Nogales – Former CEO and Chairman, United Press International Inc.
87. Carlos Arboleya – Vice Chairman, Barnett Bank of South Florida Inc.
88. J. Fernando Niebla – Chief Executive Officer, Infotec Development Inc.
89. Polly Baca – State Senator, Colorado
90. B. Roberto Cruz – President, The National Hispanic University
91. Miguel A. Nevarez – President, Pan American University
92. Frank Zuniga – Film Director, Hollywood
93. Estella Romero – Executive Director, Latin Business Association
94. Al Cardenas – Senior Partner, Broad & Cassel
95. Frank Solis – National Manager of Hispanic Programs, Adolph Coors Company
96. Gaddi Vasquez – Deputy Appointments Secretary, Governor's Office, California
97. John Torres – President, Metro Spanish Food Wholesalers Inc.
98. Rudy Cervantes – President, Cervantes Neckwear Inc.
99. Angelo D. Juarez – Major General, USAR, 85th Division
100. Gus Machado – President, Gus Machado Enterprises
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- North Korea Frees 85-Year-Old Vet Merrill Newman