ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- In a major and positive turn of events, Ruby Cintron, the woman shot in the eye by a stray bullet on New Year's Eve, will meet with executives of Orlando Regional Medical Center and host a news conference at Orlando Regional Medical Center, tomorrow, Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 11:00 a.m. EST. Ruby Cintron will be joined by leaders of the Consejo de Latinos Unidos, a national non-profit organization that educates and assists uninsured Latinos and others. MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA SHOULD MEET AT ORMC DISCHARGE ENTRANCE FOR ESCORT.
"We have met for several hours with top executives and medical staff of Orlando Regional and are very pleased with their open dialogue and honesty," said K.B. Forbes, Executive Director of the Consejo. "Although there were some possible errors or miscommunication at the time of Ms. Cintron's discharge, we now believe ORMC did the appropriate intervention on her eye and, unknown to us beforehand, did a critical surgical procedure on New Year's Day that may have saved Ms. Cintron's eye and vision. We also now believe that Ms. Cintron's discharge was not motivated by her lack of insurance." Consejo de Latinos Unidos
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women