Denver, CO--(HISPANIC PR WIRE)--September 14, 2005--Latin View, a ground-breaking program on issues that affect U.S. Latinos, will broadcast the first show of its fourth season at 9 p.m. today (Wed., Sept. 14) on KBDI-12 Colorado Public Television.
This Colorado production, hosted by journalist Sherri Vasquez, has gained national prominence through its focus on important issues such as immigration reform, education, politics, business, and economic development. Latin View is broadcast by PBS stations in more than 30 cities nationwide.
“Latin View appeals to viewers across the country because it provides a forum for Latino leaders to voice their views on issues affecting the nation’s diverse Hispanic population,” said KBDI-12 General Manager Willard “Wick” Rowland.
To keep pace with its national reach, Latin View has a new look that includes changes in its logo, set design, theme music, and show open.
Bringing more excitement to Latin View’s fourth season is the addition of First Data Corporation/Western Union as a national sponsor.
“The First Data Corporation and Western Union are proud to support Latin View in its mission to provide educational programming on Latino issues,” said First Data President and CEO Charlie Fote.
Continuing sponsors since 2001 are American Facilities Group owned by Jerry Natividad, and Source One Management Inc., owned by Sal Gomez.
The season premiere of Latin View is at 9 p.m. today, Wed., Sept. 14, on KBDI-12. The program airs weekly on Wednesdays at 9 p.m., rebroadcast Saturdays at 2 p.m.
The season opener, “Hispanic Achievements in 2005,” features gains made by U.S. Hispanics in the past year, including the confirmation of Alberto Gonzales as U.S. Attorney General, Carlos Gutierrez as U.S. Secretary of Commerce, and the election of Antonio Villaraigosa as L.A.’s first Hispanic mayor since 1872.
Panelists are Bob Martinez, Colorado Republican Party; Estevan Flores, Ph.D., Latino Research and Policy Center at CU-Denver; and Polly Baca, Latin American Research and Service Agency.
Latin View Web Site: http://www.latinview.com
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'