Daddy Yankee, Shakira, Juanes, Chayanne, Thalia, David Bisbal and Alex Rodriguez Among Nominees for Final Selection
Miami, FL--(HISPANIC PR WIRE)--July 21, 2005--Univision Communications Inc. (NYSE: UVN) –“Premios Juventud” (Youth Awards), Spanish-language television’s hippest and most unconventional awards show returns for its second edition to honor the biggest names in Latin show business, fashion and sports. In keeping with the youthful theme of the event, the star-studded 3-hour entertainment special will be broadcast from the University of Miami LIVE on the Univision Network on Thursday, September 22 from 8-11 pm ET/PT (7-10 pm Central/Mountain).
Recognizing popularity and overall appreciation in five distinct areas – Film, Music, Sports, Fashion and Pop Culture – the “Premios Juventud” recipients will be determined by popular vote online on Univision.com (Keyword: Premios Juventud), the country’s #1 Spanish-language Website.
A tremendous ratings blockbuster its first year, “Premios Juventud” will expand its highly successful format by one additional hour. Awards in 28 unconventional categories specifically created to celebrate the preferences of today’s Hispanic youth will be announced within a fast-paced cavalcade of today’s hottest Latin music performances. And what a celebration it will be! Leading all nominees with 8 nominations is Reggaeton superstar Daddy Yankee in categories such as “I Hear Him Everywhere” and “Best Urban Artist”. Following close behind is Colombian singer/songwriter Shakira with 7 nominations in categories that include “Best Moves”, “CD to Die For” and “My Idol”. Mexican Pop singing group RBD snagged 5 nominations including “I Hear Them Everywhere” and “Catchiest Tune”. Also receiving 5 nominations each were Colombian rocker Juanes and popular Puerto Rican singer/actor Chayanne. Rounding out the multiple nominees with 4 each are Spanish Pop star David Bisbal (“My Favorite Concert”), and Mexican singer/actress Thalía (“Girl of my Dreams”).
“Motorcycle Diaries”, “Spanglish”, “Maria Full of Grace” and “A Day Without a Mexican” were nominated for “Favorite Flick,” while Alex Rodriguez, Cuauhtémoc Blanco, Oswaldo Sánchez, and Rafa Márquez rival for “Most Electrifying Guy Jock”. Nominees for Hispanic youth’s most “Dynamic Duet” include Shakira with Alejandro Sanz and Marc Anthony with Jennifer Lopez. In what has come to be the next day’s most talked about category, “Hottest Romance” of a real-life couple, the contenders include Jennifer López and Marc Anthony, Niurka Marcos and Bobby Larios, and Aracely Arámbula and Luis Miguel.
The complete list of nominees follows: (alphabetically)
CATEGORÍAS DE CINE (FILM CATEGORIES):
¡Qué actorzazo! (Can He Act or What?)
1. Andy García (Ocean’s Twelve)
2. Benicio del Toro (Sin City)
3. Diego Luna (The Terminal)
4. Gael García (Motorcycle Diaries)
Actriz que se roba la pantalla. (She Steals the Show)
1. Catalina Sandino (Maria Full of Grace)
2. Jennifer López (Shall We Dance & Monster In Law)
3. Penélope Cruz (Sahara)
4. Salma Hayek (After the Sunset)
Película más padre. (Favorite Flick)
1. Diarios de Motocicleta (Motorcycle Diaries)
2. María, Llena Eres de Gracia (Maria Full of Grace)
4. Un Día Sin Mexicanos (A Day Without A Mexican)
CATEGORÍAS DE MÚSICA (MUSIC CATEGORIES):
La pareja más pareja. (Dynamic Duet)
1. Belinda and Moderatto (“Muriendo Lento”)
2. Jennifer López and Marc Anthony (“Escapémonos”- Versión Tropical)
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Conference Slated for Hispanic Tech Startups
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards