Washington, DC--(HISPANIC PR WIRE)--June 1, 2005--“Over 1.3 million Hispanic Medicare recipients will soon be able to pay for the medicines they need,” said Dr. Jane L. Delgado, President and CEO of the National Alliance for Hispanic Health (the Alliance). “We applaud Medicare’s announcement today that letters are now being mailed out informing persons with Medicare and limited income and resources that they may qualify for extra help paying for their medicines starting January 1, 2006. It is substantial help. Thousands of Hispanic Medicare beneficiaries who had no way to pay for their medicines will now have coverage for between 85 and 100 percent of their prescription costs.”
“If you have Medicare and cannot afford your medicines, call 1-800-MEDICARE today to determine what level of help you will be eligible for when new benefits start January 1, 2006 and what steps you need to take this year to apply for the new benefits. Having access to the medicines you need is a critical part of healthy aging. Today’s announcement means that you will have the extra help you need and deserve para su salud,” Dr. Delgado concluded.
The Alliance also announced the availability of help with understanding new Medicare benefits through the Alliance’s 1-866-SU-FAMILIA (1-866-783-2645) National Hispanic Family Health Helpline. Callers get free reliable and confidential health information in Spanish and English. Bilingual health information specialists can also refer callers to a local health care provider in their community.
The National Alliance for Hispanic Health is the nation's oldest and largest network of Hispanic health professionals. The nation's action forum for Hispanic health, Alliance members deliver services to over 12 million persons every year making a daily difference in the lives of Hispanic communities. For more information, visit the Alliance's website (http://www.hispanichealth.org) or call 1-866-SU-FAMILIA (1-866-783-2645).
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'