1. Mexican American Opportunity Foundation
2004 Expenditures: $54.24M
2004 Revenues: $55.08M
Expenditure change from 2003: -6.31%
Mission: To provide comprehensive, multipurpose educational and charitable assistance to the general
public with emphasis on families at risk, seniors, and children. Serving seven counties in California.
2. The ASPIRA Association
2004 Expenditures: $42.53M
2004 Revenues: $44.11M
Expenditure change from 2003: 8.19%
Mission: To empower the Puerto Rican and Hispanic community through advocacy, education, and leadership development of its youth. Serving nationwide and Puerto Rico.
3. Hispanic Scholarship Fund
2004 Expenditures: $37.83M
2004 Revenues: $31.23M
Expenditure change from 2003: 3.59%
Mission: To double the rate of Hispanics earning a college degree to 18 percent by the year 2010. Serving nationwide, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
4. Chicanos Por La Causa Inc.
2004 Expenditures: $27.26M
2004 Revenues: $32.41M
Expenditure change from 2003: -43.3%
Mission: CPLC is a community development corporation committed to building stronger, healthier communities as a lead advocate, coalition builder, and direct service provider. Serving Arizona.
5. SER, Jobs for Progress National Inc.
2004 Expenditures: $26.47M
2004 Revenues: $26.70M
Expenditure change from 2003: N/A
Mission: To develop the employment and training capabilities of the SER network, which provides job training for people age 55 and older. Serving 19 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C.
6. Hispanic Housing Development Corp.
2004 Expenditures: $23.39M
2004 Revenues: $24.66M
Expenditure change from 2003: 12.78%
Mission: To stabilize Hispanic communities by developing, managing, and investing in ventures that enhance the
quality of life. Serving Illinois.
7. National Council of La Raza
2004 Expenditures: $23.18M
2004 Revenues: $28.68M
Expenditure change from 2003: 4.89%
Mission: To improve life opportunities for the nation's Hispanics and help reduce poverty and discrimination in the community. Serving nationwide and Puerto Rico.
8. Puerto Rican Family Institute Inc.
2004 Expenditures: $20.76M
2004 Revenues: $22.10M
Expenditure change from 2003: 4.95%
Mission: To enhance the self-efficiency of diverse, marginalized communities and to prevent family disintegration. Serving New Jersey, New York, and Puerto Rico.
9. The Unity Council
2004 Expenditures: $14.77M
2004 Revenues: $19.53M
Expenditure change from 2003: N/A
Mission: To help build the assets of low-income communities through a comprehensive program of sustainable development. Serving primarily the Fruitdale District of Oakland.
10. Congreso de Latinos Unidos
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'