Washington, DC--(HISPANIC PR WIRE)--April 26, 2005--U.S. Representative Grace Flores Napolitano, Chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, will address the Fourth Annual Leadership Awards Dinner where Jane L. Delgado, Ph.D., M.S., President and CEO of the National Alliance for Hispanic Health (the Alliance) will be honored with the Santiago Ramon y Cajal Award for the Allianceís leading work redefining our national understanding of Hispanic health.
A pioneer in cultural proficiency and community-based services, Alliance members reach over 12 million persons every year making a positive daily difference in the lives of Hispanic communities. At the cutting edge of community health practice and health research, the Alliance is demonstrating that family, culture, faith, and community are powerful forces in improved health for Hispanics and all communities.
A culmination of this yearís National Minority Health Month celebrations, the Santiago Ramon y Cajal Award will be presented to the Alliance during the National Minority Health Month Foundationís Leadership Summit on Health Disparities on April 27, 2005.
The two-day Summit will take place on April 26-27, 2005 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC. For more information, please visit http://www.nmhmfsummit.org or contact (202)-223-7560.
All events are open to the press and the public.
National Minority Health Month Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that promotes the building of coalitions and evidence-based solutions towards the elimination of health disparities.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief