Southfield, MI--(HISPANIC PR WIRE)--October 4, 2004--The Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (MHCC), the stateís leading Hispanic business advocacy organization, today launched a national search for a new Executive Director.
The Executive Director of the Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce serves as the stateís leading advocate and primary spokesperson for Hispanic business development.
Key responsibilities include: sustaining the long term financial viability of the Chamber through fundraising initiatives and budget management; growing and retaining the membership base by facilitating business development initiatives and delivering value-added services; working collaboratively with the MHCC Board of Directors and standing committees to achieve the Chamberís strategic objectives in: business development, business resources, entrepreneurial education and training, public policy and community involvement; managing Chamber operations including the activities of a 4-person staff, and management of the Michigan Hispanic Fund, the 501 (C) (3) fiduciary agent for the Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit resumes to:
Dee Guerrero, the MHCC Search Coordinator, at Uni Boring, Co., Inc., 2280 W. Grand River Avenue, Howell, MI 48843, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The executive search is being carried out in accordance with the Chamberís succession plan by a Committee of Hispanic entrepreneurs and corporate managers that are members of the MHCC Board of Directors. The search was necessitated by the departure of Armando Ojeda who was appointed President and CEO of the Washington, D.C.- based U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce on September 19, 2004.
The Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is an established membership organization that serves as the link to the stateís most dynamic business and consumer market segments. MHCC membership is comprised of approximately 300 Hispanic- owned businesses and their corporate partners in the automotive, banking, business services, pharmaceutical, telecommunications and food service industries.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women