Our law school survey was limited to programs accredited by the American Bar Association. Likewise, our business school survey was limited to programs accredited by the American Council of Business Schools.
Questionnaires requesting information in the following five categories were sent to each institution. A point system was then developed wherein up to five points were awarded in each category.
•"Enrollment": Consisted of two parameters–number of Hispanic students currently enrolled and the percentage of Hispanic students to the overall school enrollment.
•"Faculty": The percentage of full-time Hispanic faculty members among total full-time faculty was calculated and ranked.
•"Student services": The number of special programs that recruit Hispanic students in each school, the number of mentorship programs available to Hispanic students, and the number of Hispanic student support organizations active on campus. The average of these three parameters was taken for the final rating.
•"Retention rate": Retention rates were derived by dividing the number of first year Hispanic students who returned to attend their second year by the number of first-year Hispanic students, as reported by each institution. The retention rate was then ranked on scale of 0-5 for final rating.
•"Reputation": All graduate programs were ranked on a scale of 0-5 on the basis of the U.S. News and World Report ranking of their programs in their Best Graduate Schools, 2003 Edition.All the above measures were summed and a rating was assigned to each school on the basis of the total score.
View Hispanic Business 2003 Top 25 MBA Schools for Hispanics
View Hispanic Business 2003 Top 25 Law Schools for Hispanics
Most Popular Stories
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat