Florida 100 Directory --> •View the Hispanic Business Florida 100 DirectoryThe 100 largest Hispanic-owned companies in Florida report total revenues of $8.01 billion for 2001. The Sunshine Stateís Hispanic economy shows tremendous diversity in terms of industrial sectors as well as company size.
The catch-all service sector accounts for 31 of the Florida 100 companies, compared with 39.1 percent of all U.S. companies. But wholesalers, who represent only 8.9 percent of all U.S. businesses, make up a gigantic 22 of Floridaís 100 largest Hispanic companies.
Clearly, the dominance of the wholesale sector stems from Floridaís function as a distribution point for the vast Latin American market. Brightstar Corp. ranks as the top exporter on the directory, with overseas revenues of $500 million, followed by Pharmed Group with $301 million. Overall, 14.1 percent of the Florida 100ís sales come from exporting.
Four companies on the directory trade on public exchanges, starting with first-ranked MasTec Inc., the only Hispanic company in the nation listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The other public corporations are Supreme International and Spanish Broadcasting Systems, both on Nasdaq, and over-the-counter Century Builders Group
Most Popular Stories
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Nigella Bites Back Over 'Vilification'
- Judge Grants Order, Keeping Tonsil Surgery Tragedy Girl on Ventilator
- 'American Hustle' Review
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum