•View the Hispanic Business Florida 100 DirectoryThe 100 largest Hispanic-owned companies in Florida report total revenues of $8.01 billion for 2001. The Sunshine State’s Hispanic economy shows tremendous diversity in terms of industrial sectors as well as company size.
The catch-all service sector accounts for 31 of the Florida 100 companies, compared with 39.1 percent of all U.S. companies. But wholesalers, who represent only 8.9 percent of all U.S. businesses, make up a gigantic 22 of Florida’s 100 largest Hispanic companies.
Clearly, the dominance of the wholesale sector stems from Florida’s function as a distribution point for the vast Latin American market. Brightstar Corp. ranks as the top exporter on the directory, with overseas revenues of $500 million, followed by Pharmed Group with $301 million. Overall, 14.1 percent of the Florida 100’s sales come from exporting.
Four companies on the directory trade on public exchanges, starting with first-ranked MasTec Inc., the only Hispanic company in the nation listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The other public corporations are Supreme International and Spanish Broadcasting Systems, both on Nasdaq, and over-the-counter Century Builders Group
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience