•View the Hispanic Business Florida 100 DirectoryThe 100 largest Hispanic-owned companies in Florida report total revenues of $8.01 billion for 2001. The Sunshine State’s Hispanic economy shows tremendous diversity in terms of industrial sectors as well as company size.
The catch-all service sector accounts for 31 of the Florida 100 companies, compared with 39.1 percent of all U.S. companies. But wholesalers, who represent only 8.9 percent of all U.S. businesses, make up a gigantic 22 of Florida’s 100 largest Hispanic companies.
Clearly, the dominance of the wholesale sector stems from Florida’s function as a distribution point for the vast Latin American market. Brightstar Corp. ranks as the top exporter on the directory, with overseas revenues of $500 million, followed by Pharmed Group with $301 million. Overall, 14.1 percent of the Florida 100’s sales come from exporting.
Four companies on the directory trade on public exchanges, starting with first-ranked MasTec Inc., the only Hispanic company in the nation listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The other public corporations are Supreme International and Spanish Broadcasting Systems, both on Nasdaq, and over-the-counter Century Builders Group
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women