MOUNT VERNON, Va. (PR Newswire) - Starting today Congress Merge, which enables people to identify who represents them in Congress, unveiled a mirror web site in Spanish, the first such site in the United States. The new site (http://www.congressmerge.com/espanol) removes the language barrier that keeps many Hispanics from identifying who represents them in Congress and communicating to their senators and representatives their thoughts and concerns on issues facing the nation.
"No longer will a language barrier exclude thousands of Americans from a basic right of citizenship -- being able to identify and communicate with their members of Congress," said Michael J. Waters, president of Congress Merge. "This addition to Congress Merge opens a new page in grass roots advocacy, enabling many of our new citizens to enjoy this basic foundation of U.S. government."
Companies, labor unions, trade associations, and non-profit organizations will be able to provide their Spanish-speaking employees and members with an easy way to communicate with their federal government, Waters said.
"For too long people from Mexico, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, Central and South America - who have immigrated here and struggled with English - have been excluded from participating in their national government. That ends today," Waters said.
He said a long-time business associate, Juan Cabanela, will head up the Spanish version of Congress Merge.
In addition, Congress Merge also unveiled several new features for its English version that also are included in its Spanish rendition.
"People can now search our extensive database and find, for example, how many members of Congress are realtors, or teachers, or belong to organizations such as Kiwanis," Waters said.
He said another new search engine on the Congress Merge site allows people to find who represents a particular city. "Need to know which members of Congress are from Chicago? Just enter the name of the city and the state or just a five-digit zip code and our program will list all members of Congress of represent that city," Waters said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women