Opportunity was what Toyota Motor Manufacturing North America had in mind when we created ‘Opportunity Exchange’…a good chance for MBEs to advance or progress their businesses. This unique annual trade fair and conference was created thirteen years ago to build lasting business relationships between our direct, or Tier I, suppliers and MBEs. We strongly encourage our Tier I suppliers to attend Opportunity Exchange as exhibitors and to come ready to do business with MBEs, who are our invited guests. Since 1990, more than $45 million worth of contracts have been written between Toyota’s Tier I suppliers and MBEs as a result of this one-day event. Opportunity Exchange enables MBES to make sales calls on more than 200 corporate decision makers in a single day.
Last year’s event attracted a record-setting 1,400 attendees. "I credit the success of the 2001 event to Toyota’s firm commitment to the educational growth of our suppliers. We encourage this type of business communication, which is one of the key components of Opportunity Exchange," said T. Hudson, Supplier Diversity Coordinator. "Long term supplier relationships are part of the core philosophy at Toyota. We set supplier diversity targets for our suppliers and then we help them meet those goals through programs like Opportunity Exchange."
This year’s event will be held at the Cincinnati Convention Center in Cincinnati, Ohio on November 13th. There is no charge to attend, but participants must be registered in advance. For more information, please contact Toyota’s Supplier Diversity department via email at email@example.com. To download an event registration form, click here.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines