NEW YORK – Frances W. Preston, BMI President & CEO, announced this week that Catherine L. Hughes, founder and chairperson of Radio One, Inc. and Amador Bustos, managing partner of Bustos Media Holdings LLC, have been elected to the company’s Board of Directors. Hughes’s term will run through the fall of 2006 and Bustos’s term will run through fall 2004.
Founded by a group of leading radio executives in 1940, BMI is a performing rights organization that represents approximately 300,000 songwriters, composers and publishers in all genres of music. Through its music performance and reciprocal agreements with sister organizations around the world, it grants businesses and media access to its repertoire of approximately 4.5 million musical works.
Kenneth J. Elkins, Director and Consultant to Hearst-Argyle, was re-elected to his third term as Chairman of the BMI Board. Re-elected to terms due to expire in 2006 were: N. John Douglas, Information Network Radio, San Francisco, CA.; Jerome L. Kersting, Clear Channel, Covington, KY; and Cecil L. Walker of Atlanta, GA.
Continuing in their seats on the Board are: James G. Babb, Babb Communications, Charlotte, NC; Harold C. Crump, Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc., St. Paul, MN; Philip A. Jones, Mission Hills, KS; Frank E. Melton, TV-3 Inc., Jackson, MS; Frances W. Preston; David Sherman of ABC, Inc., NY; G. Neil Smith, Cosmos Broadcasting, Greenville, SC; Donald A. Thurston, Berkshire Broadcasting, N. Adams, MA; George V. Willoughby, Esq., Seattle, WA; and K. James Yager, Benedek Broadcasting, North Berrington, IL.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention