SAN DIEGO (BUSINESS WIRE) – National University's Center for Entrepreneurship is hosting a two-day small business development seminar for new and existing businesses on Friday and Saturday, October 18 and 19, at the Spectrum Academic Center in Kearny Mesa.
The seminar, sponsored in conjunction with the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE), will cover 13 topics critical to the start-up and sustaining of small businesses, including business and growth strategies, marketing and networking, finance and accounting, hiring and managing, and technology and the Internet.
The Center for Entrepreneurship is affiliated with National University's School of Business and Information Management. Utilizing the University's core values, it targets a diversity of small start-up and minority-owned companies in some of the promising markets in the United States.
"Southern California has four of the 10 counties in the nation with the largest numbers of minority-owned businesses," said Kenneth Goldberg, DPA, director of the Center for Entrepreneurship. "These are areas served directly by National University," he added. "It provides an excellent opportunity to apply faculty expertise and other resources toward community service."
The Center's first two-day seminar, held last June, attracted 20 attendees. Post-seminar surveys reported high satisfaction rates for all seminar topics. Follow-up with seminar participants revealed several small business success stories.
The Small Business Development Workshop begins at noon on Friday and concludes on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. Lunch is offered both days to provide attendees an opportunity to network with each other. The cost is $99 per person. For more information, contact Ken Goldberg at 858/642-8478.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion