Moctesuma Esparza, Chairman of the Board for the New America Alliance, opened The NASDAQ Stock Market on Friday, October 25, 2002 at NASDAQ's MarketSite in New York City.
The NASDAQ Stock Market welcomed the New American Alliance to the Market Open to acknowledge the organization for its efforts to promote the economic advancement of the American Latino community.
Mr. Esparza was in New York earlier in the week to host the 2nd Annual New America Alliance Wall Street Summit.
The purpose of the Summit was to introduce Wall Street executives to the growing American Latino market, identify opportunities and issues and propose solutions. Workshop sessions included a look at private equity programs, wealth building and management for Latino businesses and families, and global business opportunities.
The focal issues of this year's Summit included expanding American Latino presence on corporate boards, increasing access to capital for Latino businesses, and investing in education and mentoring for American Latino students and entrepreneurs.
For more information about the 2002 Summit and future New America Alliance events, visit their Web site -- http://www.naaonline.org/.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women