WASHINGTON -- National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts will host its fifth annual Noche de Gala September 25 in the nation's capital. NHFA Co-founders Jimmy Smits and Esai Morales, Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, and opera diva Denyce Graves will headline the event. Attendees also will include NAACP President Kweisi Mfume and ABC News correspondent Elizabeth Vargas as well as other government officials and popular performers.
NHFA was created in 1997 to promote Hispanic representation in the entertainment industry. The group's efforts include graduate scholarships at prominent colleges and universities.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June