WASHINGTON -- National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts will host its fifth annual Noche de Gala September 25 in the nation's capital. NHFA Co-founders Jimmy Smits and Esai Morales, Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, and opera diva Denyce Graves will headline the event. Attendees also will include NAACP President Kweisi Mfume and ABC News correspondent Elizabeth Vargas as well as other government officials and popular performers.
NHFA was created in 1997 to promote Hispanic representation in the entertainment industry. The group's efforts include graduate scholarships at prominent colleges and universities.
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls