WASHINGTON -- National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts will host its fifth annual Noche de Gala September 25 in the nation's capital. NHFA Co-founders Jimmy Smits and Esai Morales, Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, and opera diva Denyce Graves will headline the event. Attendees also will include NAACP President Kweisi Mfume and ABC News correspondent Elizabeth Vargas as well as other government officials and popular performers.
NHFA was created in 1997 to promote Hispanic representation in the entertainment industry. The group's efforts include graduate scholarships at prominent colleges and universities.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict