WASHINGTON -- National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts will host its fifth annual Noche de Gala September 25 in the nation's capital. NHFA Co-founders Jimmy Smits and Esai Morales, Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, and opera diva Denyce Graves will headline the event. Attendees also will include NAACP President Kweisi Mfume and ABC News correspondent Elizabeth Vargas as well as other government officials and popular performers.
NHFA was created in 1997 to promote Hispanic representation in the entertainment industry. The group's efforts include graduate scholarships at prominent colleges and universities.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- Hispanic Grads Pass Their Peers in College Enrollment
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- California Considers Oil Tax to Fund Schools
- Dude! California Beach Parking Plan Making Waves
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Boise Terror Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
- Chicago Fed Index Fell in April