WASHINGTON -- National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts will host its fifth annual Noche de Gala September 25 in the nation's capital. NHFA Co-founders Jimmy Smits and Esai Morales, Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, and opera diva Denyce Graves will headline the event. Attendees also will include NAACP President Kweisi Mfume and ABC News correspondent Elizabeth Vargas as well as other government officials and popular performers.
NHFA was created in 1997 to promote Hispanic representation in the entertainment industry. The group's efforts include graduate scholarships at prominent colleges and universities.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List