Are you a Budweiser drinker? Or do you relate more to Tecate? Until now, Hispanic Americans have had to choose between cultures when it came to selecting their favorite brew.
Not anymore. Say hola to America's first Hispanic-American beer, dubbed OTRA by its Van Nuys, California, brewer, Johnny Hernandez, a former beer industry executive and CEO of North American Latino Beer Industries Inc.
"I was brought up and raised in the United States and never had a beer I could relate to … a Hispanic-American beer," says Mr. Hernandez, a Texas native of Mexican-American descent. "I thought it would be a continuation of our efforts here in the United States."
Mr. Hernandez says OTRA, created specifically for the Hispanic market, is a tribute to the blended culture of Hispanic Americans and Americans as a whole. He's hopeful that someday beer drinkers across the nation will hoist an OTRA and shout "cheers!" – or perhaps they'll shout "ˇsalud!" instead.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women