RIVERSIDE, Calif. -- Ramon Alvarez C., President of Alvarez Lincoln Mercury in the Riverside Auto Center has added the prestigious name of Jaguar to his successful dealership – not only is it the first Hispanic dealership in California but in the entire Western United States.
"The appointment by Jaguar Cars to the Riverside Auto Center speaks of the vitality of not only the city of Riverside, but the whole Inland Empire with its tremendous growth. Now, Jaguar buyers can stay in the area and the timing is excellent because Jaguar is introducing an exciting new model "X-Type" which is already in high demand in the community."
Recently appointed to the California Commission on Access to Justice, Alvarez is well known in the community. Fortune Magazine referred to Alvarez as a trailblazer "enabling Ford to reach its most dynamic future market—minority ethnic groups" and printed highlights of Alvarez's career in the supplement "The Model D: At Ford Motor Company, Diversity Is The Model Way To Grow".
Born in San Diego and raised in Tijuana, Alvarez is actively involved with the Hispanic community. In 1996, named Hispanic Business of the Year by UC Riverside and Greater Riverside Chambers of Commerce, Alvarez has earned his leadership role. He currently serves on the Professional Golfers Association (PGA) Advisory Board, and has served on the Board of Directors for Inland Empire Economic Partnership, University of California Riverside, Riverside Community College, Riverside Community Hospital, Riverside Regional Medical Center and YMCA, as president for the Greater Riverside and Hispanic Chambers of Commerce, and as past chairman of the Lincoln Mercury Dealer Association.
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column