RIVERSIDE, Calif. -- Ramon Alvarez C., President of Alvarez Lincoln Mercury in the Riverside Auto Center has added the prestigious name of Jaguar to his successful dealership – not only is it the first Hispanic dealership in California but in the entire Western United States.
"The appointment by Jaguar Cars to the Riverside Auto Center speaks of the vitality of not only the city of Riverside, but the whole Inland Empire with its tremendous growth. Now, Jaguar buyers can stay in the area and the timing is excellent because Jaguar is introducing an exciting new model "X-Type" which is already in high demand in the community."
Recently appointed to the California Commission on Access to Justice, Alvarez is well known in the community. Fortune Magazine referred to Alvarez as a trailblazer "enabling Ford to reach its most dynamic future market—minority ethnic groups" and printed highlights of Alvarez's career in the supplement "The Model D: At Ford Motor Company, Diversity Is The Model Way To Grow".
Born in San Diego and raised in Tijuana, Alvarez is actively involved with the Hispanic community. In 1996, named Hispanic Business of the Year by UC Riverside and Greater Riverside Chambers of Commerce, Alvarez has earned his leadership role. He currently serves on the Professional Golfers Association (PGA) Advisory Board, and has served on the Board of Directors for Inland Empire Economic Partnership, University of California Riverside, Riverside Community College, Riverside Community Hospital, Riverside Regional Medical Center and YMCA, as president for the Greater Riverside and Hispanic Chambers of Commerce, and as past chairman of the Lincoln Mercury Dealer Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Gay Athletes Part of U.S. Sochi Group
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says