--> The Department of State offers exciting careers in a wide variety of areas: Foreign Service Officers, Foreign Service Specialists, and Civil Service employees. The agency is looking for talented people interested in managing and supporting the operations of a U.S. embassy, helping U.S. citizens, securing our country's presence overseas, analyzing world political and economic events, handling public affairs, and working in information management. State Department careers often involve duty overseas, as the department's diplomatic posts provide "the face of America to the world."
To meet the department's challenges, Secretary of State Colin Powell has launched new hiring initiatives to draw diverse applicants. The State Department also has an extensive internship program as well as other student programs.
There is no better way to make a difference on a global level than being a part of the U.S. Department of State. For details on getting a job or participating with the internship programs, visit the Web site at www.ForeignServiceCareers.gov.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World